The NDIS Quality and Safeguard commission works with NDIS participants, family and friends, service providers, workers, and the community to introduce a nationally consistent approach so participants can access services and supports that promote choice, control, and dignity.
The NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission:
- Respond to concerns, complaints, and reportable incidents
- Promote the NDIS principles of choice and control
- Register and regulate NDIS providers
- Oversee the NDIS Code of Conduct and NDIS practice standards
- Require NDIS providers to uphold participants right to be free from harm
- Provide guidance and best practice information to NDIS providers
- Undertake investigations and take enforcement action
- Monitor compliance against the NDIS Code of Conduct
- Monitors the use of restrictive practices with the aim of reducing and eliminating such practices
- Designing and implementing national consistent NDIS worker screening
The NDIS Quality and Safety Commission does not regulate the NDIA. Complaints about the NDIA or NDIS plans should be made directly to the NDIA.