- More than four million Australians or one in five people, experience disability.
- In Australia 2.1 million people of working age (15-64 years) have disability. Just under half are employed, compared with 80% of people without disability.
- Only 4.4% of people with a disability in Australia use a wheelchair.
- 1 in 6 Australians are affected by hearing loss.
- It is estimated there are 357,000 people in Australia who are blind or have low vision. It is projected that number will grow to 564,000 by 2030.
- 45% of Australians aged 16–85 years, experience a mental health condition during their lifetime.
- 3 million Australians live with depression or anxiety.
- 34% of people with disability are managers & professionals.
Graduates with disability take 61.5% longer to gain fulltime employment than other graduates.
- Almost one in five people with disability aged 15-24 years experienced discrimination. In almost half of those instances, the source of discrimination is an employer.
0 of 2 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 2 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
How many Australians experience disability?CorrectIncorrect
How many Australians are affected by hearing loss?CorrectIncorrect