Employing people with a disability has many benefits for the employer and the whole organisation including:
- People with disability generally take fewer days off, take less sick leave and stay in jobs longer than other workers.
- Employment costs for people with disability can be as low as 13 per cent of the employment costs for other employees*.
- Workers’ compensation costs for people with disability are as low as four per cent of the workers’ compensation costs for other employees*.
- Once in the right job, people with disability perform as well as other employees.
- People with disability build strong connections with customers.
- People with disability boost staff morale and enhance a sense of teamwork.
- Hiring people with disability enhances an organisation’s image in the general community.
* Graffam, J, Shinkfield, A, Smith, K, and Polzin, U 2002, ‘Employer benefits and costs of employing a person with a disability’, Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation, vol. 17, pp. 251-263.
The 2014 “Employer of Choice Study”, by Instinct and Reason showed that employees and customers are more loyal to organisations that demonstrate they value diversity and inclusion and that their workforce reflects the community as a whole.
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
What are 2 benefits of employing people with a disability?
Grading can be reviewed and adjusted.Grading can be reviewed and adjusted.
This response will be reviewed and graded after submission.